Book a Presentation
Out In Schools brings fresh and relevant films into classrooms to facilitate dialogue about LGBT2Q+ lived experiences. Our diverse team of trained facilitators are some of the brightest young teaching artists, advocates and change-makers in BC. They will lead you through a dynamic presentation and equip you with language and tools for inclusion, tailored to your needs.
Engaging and impactful short films. Terminology and concepts Impacts of homophobia, transphobia and other forms of discrimination and how they intersect. Using art as powerful medium for social change LGBT2Q+ history and current events How to step up as an ally
For Students: Single 75-90 minute presentation: $600 For Adults, Educators, Administrators, and Staff: Single 1.5-3 hour workshop/presentation: $1200 We also offer group rates and subsidies to accommodate your budget. If cost is a barrier, please indicate this when submitting the booking form. Presentation fees help to cover par of the costs for artist and distributor fees, facilitator fees, travel and other incidentals. Out In Schools is a non-profit initiative, which relies on donations to keep our fee structure low and the program going.
- What kind of groups do you present to? While much of our demand is primarily from middle school and high school aged youth, we have content to present to other groups, too. In the past we have presented to youth in grades 4-6 and have held professional development sessions for educators and administrators. We have also presented to government agencies, elected officials, and small and large corporations.
- What group sizes can you present to? We can present to all group sizes from a cozy screening with your GSA/QSA to 30 students in a class to an auditorium screening for the entire school!
- Can you present more than once in day? Yes, we can do multiple presentations in a single day.
- How long is a presentation? While we can always be flexible with the lengths of our presentations, they are multi-faceted and require the time to do well. We typically tailor them to your unique learning objectives in a 1-2 hour session.
- What time during the day are you typically available? Try us! We are flexible about the time of day, whether it’s during class, at lunch, or after school.
- I’m in a rural community, can you visit us? Yes! We love presenting in rural communities; however, because the cost is so much greater for travel and accommodation, we try to cluster a set of school presentations together over a few days or week. We simply ask that you help us out with planning.