Out in Schools is looking for outgoing, energetic people to be Ambassadors for our program. Out in Schools Volunteer Ambassadors are the face of Out in Schools at special events including: conferences, workshops, dances, art and community co-presentations, and special film screenings.
- Assistance with promotions at special events
- Advance prep, set-up and tear-down of information kiosks at special events
- Community Liaison: Representing OiS and providing information about our program
- Sales of 50/50 tickets, Lotto and other fundraising at special events (19+)
- Events may include: educational conferences, third-party fundraisers, and community festivals.
- Flexible to volunteer during mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
- Some experience in event coordination
- Friendly, personable, outgoing and committed to anti-homophobia and anti-bullying education
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Confident public speaking skills.